Saturday, July 6, 2013

ABS July

Berry Breezes























It's time for the July ABS challenge
http://artbeadscene.blogspot.com/2013/07/july-monthly-challenge.html

When I design my piece for the monthly ABS challenge, I usually I go on first impressions.
This month I was immediately drawn to the floral patterns on the black background .
I had decided to translate that  part of the painting into a bib style necklace.
But, I took a moment and thought again....
I  keep my monthly ABS creations to wear myself.
I love the idea of designing  something just for fun .
If the piece will be just for me,I don't have to give the slightest thought to function. I can just play !
I have a Summer party to attend next weekend.
It's my grandson's sixth birthday !
I wanted to wear something light and airy ...something Summer fresh and breezy .
Serious jewelry seems out of place at a six year old's Birthday celebration
My idea for a mostly black bib necklace just wouldn't  work for next week. I did want something new to wear.
So, back to that drawing board in my brain .............
I printed this month's painting ,added a few design notes and tucked it into my inspiration journal .
I'd save that idea for another day .
For now I'd make a more playful piece.
From the painting I pulled the graceful leaves and all the lovely shades of green.
I decided to use a cotton ribbon to give a light breezy look.
No clasp is needed . I made this to just slip over my head .
Searching my supply stash for color coordinated elements,I found some gorgeous vintage beads in a juicy chartreuse.
I just could not help seeing those beads as wild berries ...part of Summer's secret bounty.
It might seem to be a big stretch from  Picasso to a Patch of Summer berries.
But ,I do think my necklace fits both the painting and my party plans!
this week pick elements of inspiration
to suit this Summer Season
and
Bead Happy ,
m.e.

3 comments:

  1. I love the color combinations that you selected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a wonderful time at the birthday party, this sure must have been a fun piece to wear! I love the flirtiness of it with the leaves and the , is that really cotton? Did you hand die it? Just Beautiful ME, but so are all your creations!

    ReplyDelete