Saturday, May 19, 2012

House and Home

 A House is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body" 
 Benjamin Franklin






















 This is a rather lofty qoute for my little blog.
But, I have been thinking about houses and homes all week .
I think fuel for the mind is especially important to those of us who are artist/makers.
We need a well stocked food pantry and  well stocked art supplies!
To be content, I need both beans and beads!
I require cookbooks and craft books.
 I enjoy planing what 's for dinner ,I enjoy planing a new bead design!
What makes my House my Home???
 Family of course ,including the fur-persons...our 2 cats and 3 dogs
Also the memories it holds for me . Memories that come to come to life with photos , little heirlooms and mementos . I also treasure my "bead" stash . I have a large collection of beads and jewelry handmade by favorite artists and friends. My home is where my heart is. 
Why am I so sentimental about House and Home this week?
 Last week I included a little house on my ABS entry.
This week I made a few more bracelets for gifts .
I liked the tiny house beads so much, I decided to made some for my shop .While I worked on them, I thought about houses .
I thought about all the shapes ,styles and colors a house can be.
I thought about  what those buildings mean to the people who live in them.
The photo is  from my last year's Nassau vacation.Isn't it  inspiring!
I can not stop coming up with new colors for my  little houses
I just want to sit and make a zillion of them
But, my family requires a little fuel for the body ! Unless we are going to order pizza for dinner, I'd better strike up some balance between feeding my brain and feeding our bodies!
This week feed your body and your brain
make your House a Home
and Bead Happy !
m.e.
Home Sweet Home Beads

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love these houses!!! Love them! They have personality and the colors are fantastic!

    Keep making them :-) They are joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M.E.,
    This is a very nice post and is all true. Those little houses are so cute, love the colors and the splash of shiny bling!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete