Saturday, January 21, 2012

No Picnik !!























My blog this week was going to be about color.
Technically  about lack of color.
I  should be working on Spring pastels.
It's time for Sweet Florals and Romantic Hearts.
But, somehow I got sidetracked by Moonlight madness.
This week I set aside my pinks and purples .
I concentrated instead on night time neutrals,
blacks,silvers and moon lit whites.
Valentine's day is right around the corner.
does anything say Romance better than Moonlight  ?
This morning I was up extra early ... coffee in hand
ready to write about  Romantic  neutrals
neutral colors that is
not neutral feelings...LOL!
and then .....
oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
my favorite photo edit program Picnik is closing in April!!!
Already this morning ,the collage feature seems to be missing !!!

I think this might be a case of be careful what you wish for
I've been talking the last few weeks  about branching out ...
exploring new options ,trying new techniques
I did NOT mean I wanted to try  new  photo edit options!
I learn clay skills fairly easily. But ,not computer skills !!!
I was finally comfortable with Picnik .
Now I have to find AND learn how to use something new !!!
I have no idea where to start
this week
I would be grateful if  you would
share your ideas about  photo edit programs
and
Bead Happy !!!!
.
m.e.

new.... but non-collaged toggle pics


8 comments:

  1. First, I just love your toggle clasps! I use Picasa for photo editing. It's free and easy to use. I've never used Picnik so I don't know how they compare. Picasa does have a feature to make collages, and even I can do it fairly easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful work, and yes ... nothing more romantic than moonlight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those clasps! I feel your pain about Picnik. I about cried! I do have Photoshop but I have no idea how to use it. I guess I am also going to have to start looking for a new photo editing site too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just getting started with Picnik as an alternative and got news that it is going out. I also use Picasa which is free and it is very easy to use. I like it very much! Also, check out PhotoFunia for unusual backgrounds. Love those clasps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I about died! I've been playing with PIXLR.com and it's got some cool things. However, your work shines no matter how you take them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful clasps -- love them! And the moon photo is so pretty and romantic too.

    Feel your pain about Picnik. I too love that software even since being tipped about it last year.

    I used to use Photoshop Elements (PSE) for ages. Still love it, just can't access it on my laptop anymore. It's a bit trickier to learn but you can do everything in one software which is great -- and you can add plug-ins. Personally, I see no real benefit of using the full Photoshop instead of the much cheaper PSE (unless you've used Photoshop first because then you'll miss some of the advanced functions if switching to PSE).

    One free software I use for collages etc (though I've never learnt to like it for enhancing photos, really) is Photo Filtre. Be sure to spell it that way. It has a free version you can dowload at photofiltre.free.fr or you can buy Photo Filtre Studio for 29 Euros. Got some neat effects.

    I've also used Picasa, but had some issues with it, which was my primary reason for starting to use Picnik instead. And I believe you couldn't add frames in Picasa. Not when I used it anyway. But it's free and useful so it's worth looking into if you haven't tried it yet. (And if you want to use a Google product seeing how it's Google that owns and is killing Picnik.)

    So far I've used the Pixlr-o-matic (making cool effects and adding lovely frames), but not the Pixlr Editor. Will be trying that one too. Like that you can start with a blank page, which you can't in Picnik. Though you don't get all the neat fonts.

    The Picnik collage function is still there, but you have to go via the library to find it and the other functions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful photo! Love your toggles too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi M.E.

    I love, love, love your work! My name is Jenn, I'm part of a team of former-Picnikers. I see that you've been an avid user of Picnik and it’s so cool to hear about your passion for beautifully edited photos.

    I wanted to let you know about www.PicMonkey.com -- a new photo editing site built by a couple of the folks who brought you Picnik and were too sad to see it go! It’ll be familiar, fun, and totally user-friendly.

    Sign up on our site and we’ll keep you updated on a launch date. Also, feel free to send me your feedback, feature requests, and, of course, any questions you have!

    Happy blogging!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete