Saturday, August 14, 2010

Imagine That !

I love flowers. I love growing flowers .I love looking at flowers.
I love making polymer clay flowers !!!
Sometimes I try to make my creations very "real" looking , mimicking Mother Nature's colors and designs.
Sometimes I just imagine fantasy blossoms and create my own designs and color combinations.
I like to think I come up with some interesting flowers Mother Nature hasn't thought of .
But, who am I kidding !!! The photo above was taken by my daughter at the Key West Botanical Garden this summer .http://www.keywestbotanicalgarden.org/
Can a flower get any more fantastic than that !!!

I realize it's same old ,same old to say "I get my inspiration from nature" How many artists make this statement ? Admit it ...it's kinda boring ...right ? Yeah ,yeah I'm inspired by nature ..ya da ,ya da ,ya da......
But, what else can I say ? Mother Nature always has some surprises waiting for me . She uses color combos and designs I don't think I could dream up if I tried .
I like to call my creations "fantasy flowers " .But , I think the fantasy may really be the dream of being Mother Nature.
I imagine being able to wave a magic wand and bringing to life the wildest wildflowers and creepiest creatures!
"I'm inspired by Nature" might not be the most interesting way to begin a description of yourself . But, Mother Nature is the most interesting and surprising source of inspiration !
With Summer at it's height, her amazing creations are in full splendor .
look carefully around you this week,
discover some of Nature's surprises
and
Bead Happy , m.e. :)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing photo and your flowers are great! My favorite very unusual flower grows on the "Passion Vine". I have a wild and crazy plant in my front yard that somehow survives the heat here and the flowers are crazy looking like something from outer space and purple, my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete