Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hot & Sunny today....

August is HOT and sunny in Maryland!
It's a time of great abundance
Silver Queen sweet corn, ripe home grown tomatoes, Eastern shore cantaloupes and Chesapeake Bay steamed crabs!!!
Time to drink cool drinks in the shade or head " down the ocean" for some boardwalk breezes !
It's hard not to slow down on these humid, hot days of summer .
This is a month we all should take it easy ,
sit on a porch ,rock, and sip iced tea.
We should find moments to relax and relish the abundance of summer.
Rest and revive ourselves.

But, Fall is just around the corner ...
time for back to school and holiday preparations !!!

As I enjoy the lazy days of summer part of me is thinking
what new inspirations will I find this Autumn?
;) m.e.
,

1 comment:

  1. Hey, M.E.! Just wanted to let you know that I gave you an award! Visit my blog to find out more about it. :)

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete