Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Thing leads to Another

Now that I started rethinking my "Tussie Mussie" brooch design ...I can't stop making them!!!
In somebody's world practice may make perfect...but,in my world practice makes new things to list in my on-line store! I have many, many new items just waiting for a photo shoot with my daughter !
For me the process of creating is partly about a planned concept ..partly just diving in and seeing what happens. Sometimes I think I want the clay to go one way ..but, it tells me it would rather go another.No,I don't hear voices in my head! I just start off thinking the clay should go a little like this ..and then realize it would look better a little like that ! These brooches really lend them selves to a "go with the flow" design process .Very relaxing to let go of control and let the medium be my guide.
Most days we have to swim ..some days we have to swim up stream...once in a while it's pleasant just to drift awhile...
:) m.e.

1 comment:

  1. I love your comment that the clay tells you where it wants to go! Some of my best work comes when I just sit and play and let the clay do what it wants to. Now anybody reading this who has not played with clay will probably think we are both nuts!

    ReplyDelete